This is so typical really.

I find some nice backend software for running the site, and then the developers release a new version, and change the whole licensing scheme.

Unfortunately I opted for a non-opensource engine that was available for ‘free’ for personal use, which is what I’m doing. However, some of the things I’m doing in the background are now, according to their new license, deemed as ‘commercial use’, which is a very broad generality in their license since it covers some questionable (to my mind) items.

Well, this wouldn’t have really been a problem at their old prices, but I’m certainly not going to pay $299 ($199(!) intro price) for a commercial license for this software.

Stuff that, it’s easier to move to a proper GPL system. Fortunately I have already found a system that will do what I want, it’s just a pity that I came across it AFTER I had setup Movable Type. Just as well it has a kind of crossgrade facility, otherwise I would be sitting here banging my head against my desk.