I woke up a few Sundays ago with a bee in my bonnet. I was tired of our fridge sitting in the middle of nowhere, because the designated space for it in the kitchen was too small. So I pulled my thumb out my bum, and got around to doing the necessary to make the darned thing fit.
This meant I had to relocate an upper cabinet that was above the stove, demolish the lower cabinet, and cut the stove counter top to size.
It took quite awhile to complete, and I had to call in reinforcements, in the form of my father-in-law. He brought along his trusty jigsaw, and we had the counter top cut to size in short order. Fortunately I found some matching veneer lying in the garage, so I was able to restore the cut edge to its original glory.
We decided to convert the demolished lower cupboard into an open area for storing trays etc. It was a bit silly to have this large open section below the counter top.
All in all, I’m very happy with the way it turned out. At least that Sunday didn’t go to waste.